Does gst-omx support Raspberry Pi for simultaneously H.264 video decoding and coding?

Miguel Domingues miguelbrazaodomingues at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 06:17:06 PST 2016

I'm using gst-rpicamsrc which provides video/x-h264 format. See:
https://github.com/thaytan/gst-rpicamsrc

rpicamsrc ! video/x-h264, width=1920, height=1080, framerate=25/1 !
h264parse ! omxh264dec ! video/x-raw ! videorate ! video/x-raw,
framerate=5/1 ! videoscale ! video/x-raw, width=768, height=432 !
omxh264enc ! video/x-h264 ! matroskamux ! multisocketsink

The above is just part of a much bigger pipeline, that have motion
detection, recording and more.
It was written by looking at a bunch of C source files and is not tested,
but the general structure is that.
I've attached the diagram of the full pipeline.

Miguel Domingues