How to save from rtspsrc to filesink?

Krutskikh Ivan stein.hak at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 15:48:07 PST 2016

If you want a simple recording tool, you can try my record.py from
attachment.

It's not very tidy in terms of coding, but it works with both vlc/gstreamer
libraries. Just make sure you have both gstreamer headers and vlc.py
available on your system.

sample cmdline is:

record.py -u rtsp://some_ip -t 10 -o /some/file.mp4  --engine gst (can be
libvlc)

by default it uses matroskamux for file muxing

Cheers!