textoverlay/missing plugins for a newbie with comments

Julia Smith invisiblesun at me.com
Sun Jul 3 23:04:18 UTC 2016

> Inspect the config.log file, to find out why this plugin is missing in your
> build. You are probably missing a dependency. Pango, Cairo, FontConfig, are
> some of the debs.

K’, but where is the config.log file (supposed to be) located? Nothing under /usr/local with find (brew).

I’m sticking with brew unless I can get straightened out about which set of pkg or dmg files I need to use so the regular distro works.

gst-inspect-1.0 says I have cairo, but both Pango and FontConfig do not exist.