textoverlay/missing plugins for a newbie with comments

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Sun Jul 3 22:24:02 UTC 2016

Inspect the config.log file, to find out why this plugin is missing in your
build. You are probably missing a dependency. Pango, Cairo, FontConfig, are
some of the deps.

Le 3 juil. 2016 1:10 PM, "Julia Smith" <invisiblesun at mac.com> a écrit :

> I’ve been playing around with gstreamer1.8.2 (OS X) for a few days, my
overall goal:  to learn (if)  the mechanics of concurrently streaming
several videos into OpenGL textures for rendered into a scene (is
possible). OS X isn’t necessarily my target system.

> comments:
>
> 1) the distro packaging is undocumented and fairly unclear. I downloaded
the images for OS X but the content left by installs under the frameworks
directories is far from complete.

> 2) resorted to brew with much more success. however the standard set of
packages (core,plugins, good,bad,ugly) still left me unable to to play
video. Adding gstlibav solved this.

> Docs have been useful. I get processing pipelines, having worked with
similar in the past.

> I followed the tutorial hoping for a bit of bootstrap coding wise, but it
is of limited use, the major road block: decoders it relies on (ogg/vorbis)
don’t seem to exist.

> Code examples a bit difficult to find: https://cgit.freedesktop.org/ isn’t
linked in the main site, but I resorted to raiding the SDL examples of
which only the basic cube works. The others don’t because textoverlay does
not exist.

> Any advice how to diagnose/find and if necessary build, up to and
including that OS X is hopelessly out of date ATM would be appreciated.