Erroneous pipeline: no element 'videoparse'

jack81964 jackson.c.solley at nasa.gov
Mon Jul 11 16:11:25 UTC 2016

I am trying to encode a video in H.265, but I keep getting the error message:
"erroneous pipeline: no element 'videoparse'."  I have tried both videoparse
and h265parse and both of them do not work.  My problem is that I have
downloaded and installed the plugin package (gst-plugins-bad) on my Jetson
TX1 Developer Kit.  I do not understand why I am getting this error message
when I have installed these plugins on my developer kit.  Many of the
commands I need to write involve these functions so any help would go a long
way.