Erroneous pipeline: no element 'videoparse'

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 17:34:21 UTC 2016

Le lundi 11 juillet 2016 à 09:11 -0700, jack81964 a écrit :
> I am trying to encode a video in H.265, but I keep getting the error message:
> "erroneous pipeline: no element 'videoparse'."  I have tried both videoparse
> and h265parse and both of them do not work.  My problem is that I have
> downloaded and installed the plugin package (gst-plugins-bad) on my Jetson
> TX1 Developer Kit.  I do not understand why I am getting this error message
> when I have installed these plugins on my developer kit.  Many of the
> commands I need to write involve these functions so any help would go a long
> way.

Both plugin should be available. Have you considered asking for support
from your distributor (NVIDIA) ? We have no control over their
packaging of GStreamer in their SDK, hence cannot provide you with
fixes.

Through this list and our bugzilla, we deal with issue that looks like
upstream issues. This one looks like a downstream issue, hence should
be reported to NVIDIA. Same would apply for bugs in Ubuntu, Debian,
Fedora etc.

cheers,
Nicolas