Building gstreamer application from source for i686

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Jul 12 06:24:43 UTC 2016

On So, 2016-07-10 at 18:54 +0000, Rashid Farah wrote:
> Many thanks Sebastian,
> I am using fedora 20 and I did not build GLIB from source instead I
> downloaded the packages. I do have glib for both 64 and 32
> architectures in my system. I am newbie in this.
> How do you suggest I go about specifying the 32 bit version? Should
> this be done as part of the PKG_CONFIG_PATH or should I pass it to
> the configure script along with the --host? In general terms what do
> you advice? or should I build it from source also?

It depends on how you're compiling. You need to ensure that all
dependencies are available as 32 bit versions, and then point to the
corresponding pkg-config files of those and also in general set up the
library, linker, include, etc paths accordingly so the 32 bit versions
are used instead of the 32 bit ones.