Bit depth in the container format vs. in the output

Jonathan Miles jonathan.miles at cambridgeaudio.com
Thu Jul 14 08:03:48 UTC 2016

Hi

I recently came across the same problem and got round it by adding a meta-data tag 'bits-per-sample' and setting it in the wav, flac, alac and aiff parsers.

The patches are attached. bits-per-sample applies to gstreamer1.0, aiff-bits-per-sample-tag applies to gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad, alac-flac-wav-bits-per-sample-tag applies to gstreamer1.0-plugins-good.

Hope that helps,

Jonathan