Encoding profile for raw video without a container

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Wed Jul 13 17:07:06 UTC 2016

I've had success using my own custom container with CameraBin, but I'd also
like to offer the option to save out raw video data without any container.
Creating a video encoding profile is straightforward, by specifying
video/x-raw (or maybe even ANY), but I can't create a container profile
with ANY caps.

Do I need to create a dummy passthrough element, rawmux, that handles caps
like "application/x-raw-container", or is there another way? Thanks,
-Josh