GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_segment_to_running_time: assertion 'segment->format == format' failed

john madieu j.madieu at expemb.com
Fri Jul 22 09:22:42 UTC 2016

Hello All,

I use the pipelines below to stream rtsp h.264 video camera:
gst-launch-1.0  rtspsrc location=rtsp://<URL> latency=10  !  decodebin !
autovideosink sync=false
and/or
gst-launch-1.0  rtspsrc location=rtsp://<URL> latency=10  ! rtph264depay !
imxvpudec ! imxipuvideosink sync=false

In verbose mode (gst-launch-1.0 -v), each pipeline works perfectly.
But, without the verbose flag, the pipe keep displaying:

GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_segment_to_running_time: assertion
'segment->format == format' failed
GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_segment_to_running_time: assertion
'segment->format == format' failed
GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_segment_to_running_time: assertion
'segment->format == format' failed

and screen turn green.
I feel like I miss a queue element but I really don't see where it should
be,
since I use the 'latency' property of rtspsrc element.

some people in ML already encountered issue producing the same log, but
their hack didn't fixed
my problem.
Any idea ???

Thanks in advance