Ghostpad does not seem to deliver images

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Jun 6 07:20:03 UTC 2016

On Mo, 2016-06-06 at 08:33 +0200, Edgar Thier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a (almost) working bin element.
>  From what I can gather from the logs the caps are correctly set and
> my source starts receiving
> images from the camera and pushes them into the (bin)internal
> pipeline.
>
> However it seems like the first buffer is the only one being pushed
> to the ghostpad where nothing seems to happen.
>
> Header: http://pastebin.com/33BDwAPi
> Body:   http://pastebin.com/1Rhr3j8S
>
> Log (I removed initialization and cleanup):
>
> Part 1: http://pastebin.com/Tbj6WPmd
> Part 2: http://pastebin.com/qEUCuttA
> Part 3: http://pastebin.com/Buw6F4i3
>
> I created the log with the following pipeline:

I only shortly looked over the code but I think your problem is that
you add lots of elements to the bin but never make sure that they go
into the correct state. Use gst_element_sync_state_with_parent() after
adding them to the bin or explicitly set the target state yourself with
gst_element_set_state().

The log has lots of mentions of events being dropped because a pad is
not activated or flushing.

(Also don't activate the ghostpad yourself in init. If you add it to
the element before activation, the element is taking care of the pad
state)