Simple video filter, changing pixel values

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 14:56:44 UTC 2016

Le mardi 14 juin 2016 à 05:30 -0700, Lazar Todic a écrit :
> Hi everyone! I'm trying to write simple video filter which is only going to
> change Y component (for the start) of a video frame. I'm relatively new to
> GStreamer-1.0 developing and for now I succeeded to create simple filter
> which is behaving like a bridge, only transferring data in correct format to
> nveglglessink filter. For purpose of changing Y component of a video frame I
> need to access the data of a buffer. It is very confusing for me how to
> achieve this while using documentation. Is there any simple example of a
> video filter which can be used as a tutorial on how to manipulate data of a
> buffer?

For video filter like this one, you'll want to sub-class GstVideoFilter
[1]. There is over 100 plugins already sub-classing this, so examples
shouldn't be hard to find. You'll find 3 examples in the following
source folder [3]. You should obviously learn GObject programming first
[4].

regards,
Nicolas

[1] https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugi
ns-base-libs/html/gst-plugins-base-libs-gstvideofilter.html
[2] https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-good/tree/gst/vi
deofilter
[4] https://developer.gnome.org/gobject/2.48/