ERROR: Could not create timeline because: Could not find a suitable formatter

lapinkoira apelegrinafernandez at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 15:19:41 UTC 2016

Hello,

I am trying to launch a ges-launch-1.0 pipeline to cut a video but I am
receiving all the time this error.
ERROR: Could not create timeline because: Could not find a suitable
formatter

This is my pipeline although I am not sure if it's correct:

ges-launch-1.0 file:///somefile inpoint=4.0 duration=2.0

Where could I obtain some information about how to use the GES or how to cut
a video with GStreamer?

Thanks