How to view FPS of received RTSP stream

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Thu Jun 16 02:37:07 UTC 2016

Le 2016-06-15 16:03, "Sankar,Aswin Pranav" <apsankar at ufl.edu> a écrit :

> Hi all,
>

> Here's my gstreamer receiver pipeline: gst-launch-1.0 rtspsrc location=
rtsp://10.20.13.24:8554/test name=r latency=0 ! rtph264depay ! avdec_h264 !
fpsdisplaysink name=fpssink text-overlay=false video-sink=xvimagesink
signal-fps-measurements=true

> When I launch this pipeline, I receive the rtp stream, but it appears in
a normal window, i.e, like an xvimagesink. I cannot see any frame rate
counter or indicator. What do I need to change?

You have disabled the overlay, so the information will be posted as
application message. Implement a bus handler to receive those. With
gst-launch you can add the -m parameter to trace messages.