Not able to write the tags in matroskamux

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Jun 17 11:25:27 UTC 2016

On Mi, 2016-06-15 at 21:23 -0700, brateesh wrote:
> I wanted to store more information of the frames in the video
> so i thought of storing it in the arbitrary tags by frame number as
> tag name so experimenting how to write and read the arbitrary tags
> suggest any other api suitable for storing information in video
> or container and codec which are good for arbitrary tags

Should it interoperate with other applications?

You could extend matroskamux/demux for your use case to handle other
tags. In theory everything can be stored in Matroska, or also a few
other container formats. You will just need to implement something then
that allows you to store your custom tags in there in an appropriate
format.

Alternatively, what exactly do you want to store and how/where do you
want to use it? There might be other ways depending on what you want to
do.