Not able to write the tags in matroskamux

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Jun 21 06:29:59 UTC 2016

On So, 2016-06-19 at 21:39 -0700, brateesh wrote:
> No need to interoperate with other application
>
> Initially you said matroskamux does not support the arbitrary tags now you
> are saying by implementing something we can store the arbitrary tags,what is
> that something

Well, obviously you can change the code to write whatever information
you want into the files if you don't need interoperability with other
software. The tag system of Matroska is extensible by new tags, you
could just add support for yours to matroskamux and matroskademux.

Take a look at the code of both and how the current tag handling is
done, that will show you how new ones can be added there.