Orc and conversion from I420 to BGRA/RGBA

Peter Maersk-Moller pmaersk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 21:29:57 UTC 2016

Hi Tim.

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 4:23 PM, Tim Müller <tim at centricular.com> wrote:

> It's just low-hanging fruit. Note that some additional fastpaths have been
> added in git master already.

Sounds great. Thanks.
Slightly related topic. What is it in the Orc-code for
video_orc_convert_I420_BGRA that makes the code sort of reuse the U and V
values for every other/second RGB pixel it calculates?

What I mean is the RGB pixel(0) and RGB pixel(1) are calculated from the
values of Y(0),U(0),V(0) and Y(1),U(0),V(0) respectively. Why is it the Orc
code knows that the Y pointer is incremented for every RGB pixel it
generates while the U and V pointers are only incremented for every second
RGB pixel?

Best regards
Peter MM