Orc and conversion from I420 to BGRA/RGBA

Peter Maersk-Moller pmaersk at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 07:38:42 UTC 2016

Hi

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 11:29 PM, Peter Maersk-Moller <pmaersk at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Slightly related topic. What is it in the Orc-code for
> video_orc_convert_I420_BGRA that makes the code sort of reuse the U and V
> values for every other/second RGB pixel it calculates?
>
> What I mean is the RGB pixel(0) and RGB pixel(1) are calculated from the
> values of Y(0),U(0),V(0) and Y(1),U(0),V(0) respectively. Why is it the Orc
> code knows that the Y pointer is incremented for every RGB pixel it
> generates while the U and V pointers are only incremented for every second
> RGB pixel?

Ahh, the command is 'loadupdb' which load from the array[i>>1], where 'i'
is the iteration number (assumed). Unfortunately, according to loadupdb is
not supported by neon. Does that mean that orc/neon accelerated I420 to RGB
conversion is NOT available on ARM (with Neon)?

I'm looking for RGBA/BGRA to I420 (and Y42B - assuming that is YUV 4:2:2
planar) Orc enabled/accelerated conversion, but can not find it
gst-plugins-base/gst-libs/gst/video. Does that mean GStreamer does not have
such Orc enabled conversion or is it in another module?

Does there exist a table somewhere that can provide an overview of which
conversions that are Orc enabled/accelerated (I assume that is what you
call fast path conversion)? It would be nice with such a table in the
documentation.

Best regards
Peter MM