Vaapi encode pipeline nego issue

joao machado 00jmsmachado at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 08:54:17 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I am trying to get an hardware assisted encoding pipeline working with
vaapi and I am having some issues with the following pipe:

gst-launch-1.0 souphttpsrc location=http://...../playlist.m3u8 ! hlsdemux !
decodebin  ! vaapipostproc ! queue  ! framerate=25/1 ! vaapiencode_h264 !
mpegtsmux ! udpsink host=224.0.0.20 port=5000 auto-multicast=true

I have a working pipe with a camera as a source with:

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 num-buffers=1800 !
video/x-raw,format=YUY2 ! vaapipostproc ! queue ! vaapiencode_h264 !
video/x-h264, stream-format=byte-stream, alignment=au ! mpegtsmux ! udpsink
host=224.0.0.20 port=5000 auto-multicast=true

Both logs are attached and I just found that a relevant difference between
them is the chroma-site values in the encoding element source caps.

Does anyone have some clues what is missing/wrong with the first pipe?

Thanks in advance,
João M.