gstreamer 1.0, Qt 5.5, EGLFS - video is dead slow

ramtheconqueror ramtheconqueror at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 12:09:15 UTC 2016

I've a olimex dev board with EGLFS and QML app as the video player. I was
getting "a lot of frames were dropped" error. So, I then added QtGstreamer
package and followed this example:
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/qt-gstreamer/html/examples_2qmlplayer_2main_8cpp-example.html

Replaced Gst::Ui::VideoSurface with QGst::Quick::VideoSurface.

Still, the video is very slow, actually have seen about six/seven frames in
a 10mb mp4 file.

Any suggestions to use gstreamer with EGLFS? Thanks