voaacenc produces stereo when IMHO it should produce mono

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Mar 8 07:18:52 UTC 2016

On So, 2016-03-06 at 10:35 +0000, Andy Robinson wrote:

> I then tried it on Windows, GST 1.6.3, and it works fine - one channel,
> correct.
>
> So it looks like an issue somewhere inside decodebin which has since
> been fixed, would you agree?

It's not a problem in decodebin, but probably in whatever AAC decoder
you're using there.

> If that's right, I'd be interested if anyone knows when it was fixed,
> and also if there is any workaround.
>
> I would like my app to work correctly on 1.2.4 if possible as there is
> quite a lot of 1.2.4 out there, but this issue is not a showstopper for me.

You would have to check the changes between 1.2.4 and 1.6.3 to find the
relevant commit that made things work correctly. git bisect might help
here. Once you found it, maybe someone here can tell you how to work
around the problem :) But most likely this won't be possible without
patching the plugin that is causing the problem.