Advice for sink

Glenn Pierce glennpierce at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 08:54:28 UTC 2016

Hi

I am currently writing Python bindings for Alljoyn
(https://github.com/glennpierce/alljoyn_python)
and wanted to eventually create a Python sync for Gstreamer to play to
my chosen Allplay speaker outputs.

(Allplay is like Sonos networked speakers)

The user would have to select the speakers / combination that the
audio would play to. How would this be best achieved with a sink ?
where would the user friendly control usually come from in
circumstances like this.
Could I use a web interface to set properties on all instances of my sink ?

I would appreciated any ideas here.

The actual sink code should be relatively easy. I just used my
bindings to setup a zone and play send the audio to one speaker and
sync is taken care of.

Thanks