Sink is not posting EOS on Bus

Vinod K vndkst at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 10 06:55:38 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I have application for transcoding(Decode and encode). When I want to stop
transcoding pipeline in the middle,  I send EOS on pipeline using
"gst_element_send_event ". After sending EOS event on pipeline I wait on BUS
for sink to post EOS. But file sink never posts EOS on bus.

gst_element_send_event (pipeline, gst_event_new_eos ())
// Wait for sin to post EOS on BUS

But Pipeline is closed properly when one of the element in pipeline
generates EOS, EOS is flowing through downstream elements properly and sink
is posting EOS.

When I compares the logs of both the pipeline
case 1. By posting EOS on pipeline "gst_element_send_event" on pipelien.
Case 2. one element generating EOS after processing 100 frames.
I see one addition function "pad_send_event_unchecked" call by most of the
elements in case 1 where I don't see this in case 2.

Why EOS is not posted by sink in case 1?? What could be the possible reason
??
Why does "pad_send_event_unchecked" function do??

Regards,
Vinod