Gstreamer, how recover from (rtmpsink)error

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Mar 10 08:58:50 UTC 2016

ceyThe logOn Mi, 2016-03-09 at 23:11 +0100, lestoilfante wrote:
> Hello,
> did you solved this situation?
>
> I'm currently stuck with same problem. Actually I have a valve
> element before rtmpsink and when rtmpsink fire an error on bus I put
> valve in drop state but this doesn't solve, pipeline stop to write on
> filesink aniway... Btw rtmpsink as async=false

There are two things here:
1) flow returns: take a look at the errorignore element from gst-
plugins-bad. That allows you to ignore flow errors from downstream to
keep upstream running

2) error messages: usually you would shut down the pipeline completely
if you receive an error message. In your case you probably don't want
that. Best solution for this is a GstBin subclass where in
GstBin::handle_message() you specifically handle error messages that
you want to ignore instead of forwarding them. And could then somehow
signal your application that this output is having an error and should
e.g. be removed.