Playbin and changing video-sink

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sat Mar 12 15:28:27 UTC 2016

On Sat, 2016-03-12 at 16:14 +0100, Mike Wey wrote:
[…]
>  From the gtk_main_quit assertions i would say the gtk main loop
> isn't
> running.
> Are you using GApplication or calling gtk_main / Main.run ?

Subclass of ApplicationWindow and a subclass of Application – I have
given up on Main.run, it's deprecated ;-)

I have managed to get overlaying working fine, but not with the default
videosink created by playbin (it's an xvimagesink), I have to put a
glimagesink in the pipeline forcibly before the play. This reflects
exactly the problems I am seeing with using the GStreamer C API from
C++. I suspect the error is in my code reinforcing the lessons from C++
in the D code, but…

Trying to use a gtkglsink instead of a glimagesink in the same code
causes the error. Yes this is happening before the play is issued to
the playbin but the Glib mainloop must be running since the code is in
the ApplicationWindow subclass code constructor which is happening in
the activate signal handler of the Application subclass.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk