Cerbero not including version-info in the shared library .so file

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Mar 14 08:07:47 UTC 2016

On So, 2016-03-13 at 19:59 +0100, marcin at saepia.net wrote:
> I have found out that libtool script in the broken library generated
> while running ./configure --prefix /root/cerbero/dist/android_armv7
> --libdir /root/cerbero/dist/android_armv7/lib --disable-maintainer-
> mode --disable-silent-rules --disable-introspection --host=arm-linux-
> androideabi has version_type=none while one that builds has this
> variable properly set to linux. That difference later causes libtool
> to not add symlinks.
> Can anyone here give me any hint where should I seek for what causes
> invalid host recognition while generating libtool?

Which version of libtool are you using that is doing that? The one I
have here is still creating versioned libraries.

Also note that the .so.X versioning is independent of libtool, it's the
normal so versioning of ELF libraries.

As we don't ship or use shared libraries in cerbero for Android, all of
this is not too important though. How/why are you planning to use the
shared libraries?