Android - Play Video GLSurfaceView Instead of SurfaceView

Matthew Waters ystreet00 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 12:22:57 UTC 2016

On 17/03/16 21:17, SamJ wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am Android developer so i have little bit knowledge of C code (gstreamer).
> I have configured gstreamer-1.0-android-arm-1.7.90 Library in my Android
> Project. I have successfully run Tutorial 5 of SDK in which video play from
> live server to surface view. Now when i change Surfaceview to  GLSurfaceView
> then video it's not playing. I have some another feature so must use
> GLSurfaceView in my project. Can some one please  help me of above issue.

There's currently no way for a stock gstreamer pipeline to end up
displaying into a GLSurfaceView without writing the necessary glue
integration code.

To do this, one has to essentially write something like glimagesink or
some other sink element (or possibly using appsink or fakesink with some
pad probes) for the intricacies of GLSurfaceView.  i.e. render the
provided GL texture from GStreamer using OpenGL ES into the
GLSurfaceView along with sharing the necessary OpenGL state between
GLSurfaceView and GStreamer.  The good news is that there are already a
couple of gstreamer sinks that do this kind of thing that you could base
your work on.  Notably, gtkglsink
<https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/tree/ext/gtk>
and qmlglsink
<https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/tree/ext/qt/>.