CameraBin start-capture triggers auto-focus, making captured image blurry

Dimitrios Katsaros patcherwork at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 08:10:43 UTC 2016

Hello,

The camerabin in its self does not have support for autofocus, at least
none that I am aware of. Are you using v4l2src with wrappercamerabinsrc? If
that is the case I would suspect that the problem is renegotiation on
capture. When a new capture is performed, the pipeline is dynamically
changed to feed the image output path. That procs a renegotiaion. If the
caps on the video/image output are different than the viewfinder, a new
set_fmt is performed in v4l2, which resets the v4l2 controls and in turn
resets the focus. to verify/fix that you can do something like:

  g_object_set (camerabin_object,
    "viewfinder-caps", gst_caps_from_string(caps),
    "image-capture-caps", gst_caps_from_string(caps),
    "video-capture-caps", gst_caps_from_string(caps),
    NULL);

Make sure the caps string is the same for all 3.

Dimitrios