Playbin and DVB

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Mar 19 09:28:03 UTC 2016

On Sa, 2016-03-19 at 09:00 +0000, Russel Winder wrote:
> Playbin appears to want to warn about spaces in URIs destined for the
> DVB elements. However the spaces are necessary when used!
>
> This is not a big deal really, just an annoyance. Is it worthy of a
> bug report?

Spaces are not valid in URIs, you have to escape them. I.e. replace
spaces with %20, other special characters with other things.

Check the GstUri API to make this work. Of course it might also be that
dvbsrc on the other side does not properly handle escaped URIs, so
might also need some improvements there.