Playbin and DVB

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sat Mar 19 10:01:13 UTC 2016

On Sat, 2016-03-19 at 11:28 +0200, Sebastian Dröge wrote:
> […]
> Spaces are not valid in URIs, you have to escape them. I.e. replace
> spaces with %20, other special characters with other things.
[…]

I suspect then that the broken status quo is better than fixing
anything: good user experience should allow users to enter spaces and
see spaces at all times through the system! It actually works as is so
clearly the DVB elements are happy with spaces – they have to be as
that is what comes down the line. Having to convert from space to %20
and back again all the time seems like a silliness. Of course the
standards people will say "but you must do it to be standards
compliant".

I shall rant elsewhere :-)

--
Russel.