appsrc with GST_FORMAT_BYTES cannot query duration

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 00:47:11 UTC 2016

Le samedi 26 mars 2016 à 17:00 -0700, gyunaev a écrit :
> No, I do not have anything specific set, as my appsrc generates
> audio/x-raw
> with preset caps and is linked directly with audioconverter, so there
> is no
> place for demuxer, and no need for decodebin.
>
> Wouldn't the pipeline just call my seek callback and let me deal with
> it?

Ok, then your choice of BYTE format source along with TIME format seek
is questionable isn't it ? GStreamer won't guess which byte offset
matches the time you want to seek to. Try using TIME format and do the
conversion yourself. Remember that appsrc is format agnostic, so it
does not know that you have raw audio and that this conversion is near
to trivial.

Nicolas