appsrc with GST_FORMAT_BYTES cannot query duration

gyunaev gyunaev at ulduzsoft.com
Sun Mar 27 00:24:29 UTC 2016

> Ok, then your choice of BYTE format source along with TIME format seek is
questionable isn't it ?

It is, although I thought GStreamer would be able to do the conversion
itself; for example, it guesses stream position properly.

Still I tried to use BYTES in seek event, and it didn't produce any visible
changes; the callback is still not called.

Is apprsrc really format-agnostic, meaning it ignores the caps set? I
thought the whole purpose of caps is to let the pipeline know about the
format produced by appsrc, so it could use this to convert time, duration,
etc. But this doesn't seem to be the case.