Frame drop when playing RTP stream using SDP file

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri May 6 07:01:42 UTC 2016

On Fr, 2016-05-06 at 12:13 +0530, Anuj Pahuja wrote:

> > Also note that sdpdemux is using an rtpbin, which especially
> > includes
> > an rtpjitterbuffer element. Does your manual pipeline fail in
> > similar
> > ways if you add an rtpjitterbuffer before the depayloader?
> I think that's the reason. Manual pipeline with rtpjitterbuffer gives
> the same results as playing using sdpdemux. Is there any way around
> it?

If your stream does not work with the rtpjitterbuffer, then something's
clearly wrong and that should be fixed. Especially for raw video
streams it is important to have an rtpjitterbuffer there.

So what exactly does not work? Do you get packet loss after the
jitterbuffer, or even before? You will get a lot of useful debug output
from rtpjitterbuffer and rtpbasedepayload here for finding the cause.