Crash when trying to stop pipeline containing encodebin

Michael Guinzbourg mguinzbourg at gmail.com
Tue May 10 14:36:58 UTC 2016

Hello,

64-bit GST 1.8.1 on 64-bit Windows 7 or higher  (also reproducible in
earlier versions of gstreamer).

After I get EOS in my pipeline I'm trying to restart it using
gst_element_set_state
(pipeline, GST_STATE_READY);
As this statement is executed I have a crash.
I've examined every element of the pipeline and found that crash only
occurs if I have encodebin element in my pipeline.
Also if my container is mpegts and my video stream is to be encoded to
mpeg2 it crashes, otherwise is survives.
I'm not sure if the mpegts container or mpeg2 encoder causes the crash or
maybe it is a combination.
But I hope somebody would look into it since it's very easy to reproduce.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Michael