videorate problem

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at gmail.com
Thu May 12 06:06:38 UTC 2016

Le mardi 10 mai 2016 à 04:20 -0700, Gofrane a écrit :
> hello,
>
> I ran this pipeline on order to play  this video with 15 framerate
> per
> second
> *
> gst-launch-1.0 -v filesrc
> location=big_buck_bunny_480p_h264.mov  !  qtdemux
> ! vaapidecode !  videorate  ! video/x-raw,framerate=15/1  ! vaapisink
> *
>
> but I got this error
>
> *libva info: VA-API version 0.36.0
> libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
> libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-
> gnu/dri/nvidia_drv_video.so
> libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_32
> libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
> WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link vaapidecode0 to
> videorate0*
>
> thank you in advance

IIRC, older vaapidecode produce a format that is not in the list of
formats videorate supports. What version are you running ? Even in
latest, it's likely using videorate will reduce performance. To avoid
this, the vaapi "surface" format would need to be implement with
capsfeature (video/x-raw(VASurface)), or the surface format would need
to be added to videorate.

Nicolas