Time over RTSP h.264 video stream

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at gmail.com
Tue May 17 18:39:31 UTC 2016

Le mardi 17 mai 2016 à 01:42 -0700, bomba a écrit :
> I'm streaming live h.264 video from a raspberrypi using gst-rtsp-
> server to a
> remote computer, which is saving the stream in multiple .ts
> segments.
> What can I do to get the time instant at which the frame in the .ts
> segment
> was acquired by the sensor?

If you create those using splitmuxsink, you can implement the format-
location signal to choose the name of the files you want. The provided
timestamp in that callback (arg0) is (if I remember well) in running
time. There is various way to convert this, though it will remain an
approximation due to how RTP work. To get a little more procise, you'd
need to use a shared network clock between your client and server.

Nicolas