Time over RTSP h.264 video stream

bomba jhonata.poma at gmail.com
Tue May 31 14:19:42 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm now using a shared network clock between server and client.
On the RTSP server side:

GstClock *global_clock;
        /* clock init */
        global_clock = gst_system_clock_obtain ();
        g_object_set (global_clock, "clock-type", GST_CLOCK_TYPE_REALTIME,
NULL);
        gst_net_time_provider_new (global_clock, "0.0.0.0", 8554);
        gst_rtsp_media_factory_set_clock (factory, global_clock);

I can catch it with no problem on a LAN client and use it to produce
STARTING_REC_TIME-END_REC_TIME.mkv filenames. Good.

My problem now is that gst_net_time_provider_new() binds an UDP port.
UDP doesn't work for me, my server side will never be on the same LAN and
will never have a public IP,
so I'm tunnelling the RTSP stream over SSH.

Is there any gst_net_time_provider_new()-like function that binds the clock
on a TCP port?
What would you suggest?