How to construct the pipeline for hls videos (AES encrypted or not)

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Wed May 18 14:30:25 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-05-18 at 05:50 -0700, silver wrote:

> Off course I tried playbin like: playbin uri=some_uri, but strangely,
> it cannot play the video. Error message is always like: Error
> received from element hlsdemux, Gstreamer encountered a general
> stream error. Due to this, I then tried to make independent
> pipelines.

Ok, I think you should start debugging this then. Playbin should work,
and not using playbin is going to be very complicated and is unlikely
to make it work. You really want to use playbin :)

Perhaps you could make a GST_DEBUG=*:6 log, compress it, and upload it
somewhere. If you file a bug in bugzilla (bugzilla.gnome.org) you can
attach it there.

Cheers
 -Tim