FW: GL upload and GL download design

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at gmail.com
Tue May 24 00:30:42 UTC 2016

Le lundi 23 mai 2016 à 01:44 +0000, Bing Song a écrit :
> Currently many GL upload methods implement in gst-
> libs/gst/gl/gstglupload.c. We need change the file if we want to
> implement one special GL upload method. Is it possible to implement
> one GL upload method in one element? glupload will be one GStreamer
> bin. The bin will find all GL upload elements in the system and
> select one best GL upload method based on rank. So every vendor can
> implement their own GL upload method and needn't modify gst-
> libs/gst/gl/gstglupload.c. GL download also has same problem. What's
> your option?

My opinion is that vendor should find a way to provide DMABuf which can
now be imported by glupload element. This is what is provided by most
V4L2 driver (camera and codec), this will be the backend for
gralloc/ion on Android (already in mainline I believe). This is also
where VAAPI is heading.

cheers,
Nicolas