MOV file decoding time using ffdec_h264 through Good Plugin

arunav.kumar arunav.kumar at gmail.com
Tue May 24 08:00:04 UTC 2016

Dear all,
I am new to GStreamer platform, and presently finding the time taken in
decoding one frame of MOV files.
After exploring GStreamer code, and enabling all the debug logs
(--gst-debug=5), I could find information about different states of
pipeline. But still, I could not sure about, how to find the exact decoding
time (frame-by-frame) of  MOV playback, or a single frame.

I have the following MOV file with me:
MOV name: H.264_1280x720_35fps.mov
Resolution: 1280x720
Frame rate: 35.24
Length: 2.39Sec

Experiment:
I launched the following command with the fakesink as follows:

./gst-launch-0.10 --gst-debug=3 filesrc location= /H.264_1280x720_30fps.mov
! qtdemux name=demux demux.video_00 ! queue ! ffdec_h264 ! ffmpegcolorspace
! videoscale ! fakesink

And found the following time:
---logs---
New clock: GstSystemClock
Got EOS from element "pipeline0".
*Execution ended after 17893485514 ns.*
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
---logs---

I used fakesink, so that time in autovideosink display should be avoided.

If I dont enable the fakesink and let it run using autovideosink, the whole
execution takes 2.66508974545 Sec

---logs---
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock
Got EOS from element "pipeline0".
Execution ended after 159905384727 ns.
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
---logs ---

The difference is 2.366864987 Sec,
Please help me to validate, if I can consider this time (17.89 Sec) as the
Decoding time for the MOV file,

Thank you,
Arunav