MOV file decoding time using ffdec_h264 through Good Plugin

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed May 25 06:42:23 UTC 2016

On Di, 2016-05-24 at 01:00 -0700, arunav.kumar wrote:

> *Execution ended after 17893485514 ns.*
>
> Execution ended after 159905384727 ns.
> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
> ---logs ---
>
> The difference is 2.366864987 Sec,

The difference is actually 142 seconds

> Please help me to validate, if I can consider this time (17.89 Sec)
> as the Decoding time for the MOV file,

It is the time for reading the whole file, demuxing the MOV container,
decoding the video and possibly doing colorspace conversion and
rescaling. The last two will be no-ops in your case though.

If you only want to measure the decoding time, you should only look at
the actual decoder.