gst-plugins-good: videocrop mark crop properties as mutable in playing state

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at gmail.com
Tue May 24 11:50:14 UTC 2016

Le mardi 24 mai 2016 à 01:16 -0700, Arjen Veenhuizen a écrit :
> @Nicolas: are you referring to videocrop or videobox? Videocrop does
> not
> crash on me when changing its properties on the fly, for videobox it
> is a
> whole different SEGFAULT story...

It does crash if you are agressive enough. It's a known race in the
code. There is some code to try and delay the changes, but it was never
complete. It's actually a corner case of base transform. If not, you
often endup with caps that cannot be negotiated, as an intermediate
caps get pushed (changing those properties are not atomic). This can of
cours be worked around by using a buffer probe, and only setting the
properties in the probe callback. I which someone would have taken the
time to fix before advertising it as good to change in playing state.

Nicolas