Sync rpicamsrc and appsrc in RTSP server

bomba jhonata.poma at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 09:36:22 UTC 2016

Sebastian Dröge-3 wrote
> Where do you measure that it is late and how?

I connect to the RTSP stream from another computer, using gst-play-1.0.
The audio comes ~4 seconds after the video, no other measure done.

Sebastian Dröge-3 wrote
> How do you provide data to appsrc, do you set timestamps on buffers?

For this test, I read chunks from stdin and push them emitting
"push-buffer".

I've got my appsrc_feed() function:
    if (data->sourceid == 0)
        data->sourceid = g_idle_add ((GSourceFunc) read_data, data);

That calls back my read_data() function:
     g_signal_emit_by_name (data->appsrc, "push-buffer", buffer, &ret);

I don't set timestamps.

Sebastian Dröge-3 wrote
> What properties do you set on appsrc?

    g_object_set (si.appsrc, "name", "mysrc", NULL);
    g_object_set (si.appsrc, "is-live", TRUE, NULL);
    g_object_set (si.appsrc, "max-bytes", BUFSIZ, NULL); /*reading BUFSIZ
chunks from stdin */
    g_object_set (si.appsrc, "min-percent", APPSRC_MIN_PERCENT, NULL); /*
25% of BUFSIZ */