Sync rpicamsrc and appsrc in RTSP server

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Nov 3 11:44:44 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-11-02 at 02:36 -0700, bomba wrote:

> Sebastian Dröge-3 wrote
> > How do you provide data to appsrc, do you set timestamps on buffers?
>
> For this test, I read chunks from stdin and push them emitting
> "push-buffer".
>
> I've got my appsrc_feed() function:
>     if (data->sourceid == 0)
>         data->sourceid = g_idle_add ((GSourceFunc) read_data, data);
>
> That calls back my read_data() function:
>      g_signal_emit_by_name (data->appsrc, "push-buffer", buffer, &ret);
>
> I don't set timestamps.

Ok but where does the data come from? Without setting timestamps,
synchronization between streams can't possibly work. You either have to
set appropriate timestamps so it goes together with the video, or if
it's live data that was captured "now", you can try the "do-timestamp"
property on appsrc (which will timestamp it with "now").