Problems with udpsrc in IPv6

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Nov 4 16:06:21 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-11-03 at 17:09 -0300, Federico Jinkis wrote:

> B''H
> Hello everyone, I'm new in this mailing list.
> I am an student of Computer Engineering in UNS, Bahia Blanca,
> Argentina and I have many problems with gstreamer. I do not have
> anything else to do, I am keeping without options.
> Basically I want to stream in live from my raspberry to my PC through
> the IPv6 link-site direction. The server (my RPi3) sends the packets
> and there are arriving (because when I check with tcpdump in my PC I
> can see them) but my gstreamer client do not reproduces them, it is
> like nothing be happen. I use the following commands:
>
> In RPi3:
> > raspivid -n -w 720 -h 480 -b 4500000 -fps 30 -vf -hf -t 0 -o - |
> > \gst-launch-1.0 -v fdsrc !  h264parse ! rtph264pay config-
> > interval=10 pt=96 ! \udpsink host=fe80::14ed:a3ff:fe1e:80f6%bat0
> > port=9000
>
> In Fedora 24 (my PC)
> > gst-launch-1.0 -v udpsrc port=9000 caps='application/x-rtp,
> > media=(string)video, clock-rate=(int)90000, encoding-
> > name=(string)H264' ! \rtph264depay ! avdec_h264 ! videoconvert !
> > autovideosink sync=false
>
> I have tried adding "multicast-group=::1" (deprecated) and use the
> attribute "address" that is specified in gst-inspect, but although
> other threads have obteined the solution, in my case there is no
> results... I really need it, because, later, I would like to stream
> with a multicast address (something that I do not know how to do),
> what I suppose there is more complex.

Use the address property on udpsrc to give the correct IP (and possibly
multicast-iface if this is multicast). Then check with something like
  gst-launch-1.0 -v \
    udpsrc ... ! fakesink silent=false
if packets are actually arriving at udpsrc. If not, settings have to be
changed on it accordingly (especially if packets arrive in wireshark).

For the sender, you might want to use rpicamsrc instead of such a duct-
tape solution over fdsrc: https://github.com/thaytan/gst-rpicamsrc