How to aggregate multiple audio buffers into a single GstBuffer of a specific size in bytes

Arjen Veenhuizen arjen.veenhuizen at tno.nl
Mon Nov 7 20:09:03 UTC 2016

I would like to aggregate multiple audio samples into one GstBuffer.

The following simple pipeline generates normal and proper GstBuffers of 4096
bytes each.

But ideally I would like to have GstBuffers of (for example) size 8000. For
that I could use the rndbuffersize element and set min=8000 and max=8000.

Unfortunately that will drop my last couple of bytes (since it did not match
the constrained size of rndbuffersize), e.g. the log reads:

Anyone has a clever workaround for this? rndbuffersize is clearly not suited
for this but I would guess there should be an element that could do the
trick which I simply do not know of.