Source Pad Query

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Nov 8 13:09:04 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-11-07 at 09:58 -0800, ht techdev wrote:
> Hi
> I am guessing that source pad cannot/should not be queried during
> NULL state, correct? If so, should a plugin check the pipeline state,
> inside _src_query callback, before proceeding with query processing?

That depends on the context. How and why would an element even want to
do a query in NULL state? Please give some more information about what
that element is, what it wants to do and what the bigger picture is.

That you want to do that most likely hints at a design problem in what
you're trying to do there.