Detect damaged file

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Nov 9 07:43:23 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-11-08 at 05:46 -0800, Mikl wrote:
> Hello, Sebastian
>
> Sorry for using word "hanging" without proper explanation.
> I am starting pipeline, runing loop and waiting for
> GST_MESSAGE_ASYNC_DONE
> on a bus.
> Because file is damaged, i never have it, and my app is stuck in this
> loop.
>
> I need to find a way:
> -detect what file is "good" without loop
> -or make timeout and shutdown loop after X milliseconds with error
>
> Say me if you need my code.

You should either get the pipeline move to PAUSED/PLAYING, or an error
message, or gst_element_set_state() already returns an error.

If you check for all these 3 cases, your code should never hang and if
it does that is a bug in some GStreamer element.

> GStreamer is almost perfect. It is always right. I am happy sins
> start working in it. Thank you for the perfect tool.
> You always can find something to improve. And i already have a list.
> :)

Put that list in Bugzilla, one item at a time, so we can make that
happen :)