multiple input files with input selector

userAr dudi017 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 13:25:37 UTC 2016

Hi,

just couple of minutes before I give up on the input-selector,

I would like to ask more question.

so the pipeline is configured as described (with the buffers).

when I set the state of the pipeline to playing, I hear the song- the first
file.

the switching part (inside the bus implementation):

case GST_MESSAGE_EOS:
		g_print("got End of stream\n");

		g_object_set(G_OBJECT(selector), "active-pad", selectorSinkPad2, NULL);
                g_object_get(G_OBJECT(selector), "active-pad", &oldPad,
NULL);
		gst_object_unref(oldPad);
		break;

1. I checked that the "selectorSinkPad2" is not null.
2. I checked that the selector has two sink pads with the "n-pads" property

and yet, I don't hear the second file playing..

maybe the second filesrs was already in "playing" state and when I switched
to it, it was too late? is there a need to "wake up" the second filesrc with
"ready" state and on the switching part change the state of the second
filesrc to "playing"?

I  will be happy for guidance :)

thanks