multiple input files with input selector

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Nov 10 05:43:02 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-11-09 at 05:25 -0800, userAr wrote:

> [...]
> and yet, I don't hear the second file playing..
>
> maybe the second filesrs was already in "playing" state and when I switched
> to it, it was too late? is there a need to "wake up" the second filesrc with
> "ready" state and on the switching part change the state of the second
> filesrc to "playing"?

The second file will play at the same speed at the same time as the
first, so it won't be at the beginning anymore. Even more important, it
will also go EOS.

For switching from one file to another as a way to have gapless
playback of the second after the first has ended, input-selector is the
wrong element.